Sunday, June 17, 2012

Breathtaking...

So on Friday night Mom, Dad, Tessa, and I saw Les Miserables. It was beautiful and amazing, and yes I cried basically through the whole second act. But it goes right up there as one of my favorites, it was truly an inspiring night.




From the beginning of the first act I forgot about anything and everything and let the cast take me on this journey with them through this story. When they were sad I was sad, when they laughed (which was rare) I laughed, when they cried I cried. It was absolutely mesmerizing and Jean Valjean was absolutely amazing. His voice captivated me from the very beginning and every time he opened his mouth I was in awe and was so thrilled that I got to listen to him.


Then after the performance a few members of the cast, Jean Valjean, Fantine, Thenardier, and the conductor, had a Q&A for those in the audience who wanted to stay. It was so much fun to hear them talk about life on the road, the audition process, what they do, mess ups they've had while performing and how they handled it, and all sorts of stuff like that. From the beginning of Act I to the end of the Q&A I was hypnotized. I had a wonderful night and I'm so glad that I was able to see the show and I can't wait for the movie which comes out this December!!


P.S. If you haven't seen Hugh Jackman's wife please look her up, they make me so happy! (This goes with Les Miserables because Hugh Jackman is playing Jean Valjean :)

1 comment: